Subway of Alaska, Inc. is looking for a candidate to fill a full time Executive Assistant/Bookkeeper position.
This position is mainly responsible for providing administrative support to the company president, assist finance department and act as the company Office Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- File and maintain office records
- Schedules and coordinates meetings
- Draft and type letters/emails on behalf of the president as requested
- Facilitate and transmit communication and directives from the company president to staff
- Assist finance department with data entry, audits and paperwork review
- Act as a liaison for payroll, benefits and human resource departments
- Send invoices, expense reports and receipts to finance department
- Submit WOTC applications
- Coordinate state and city business licenses and insurance policies for all associated companies
- Collect and distribute all incoming mails
- Assist in franchise sale and transfer
- Provide administrative and technical support to other associated companies
- Maintain vendor relations, setup accounts and address vendor related matters
- Provide assistance and answer questions by telephone from franchisees
- Log checks and make deposit runs
- Collect bids, compile and summarize data
- Perform various analysis and create reports.
- Serves as a backup for front desk receptionist
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two‐year College or technical school, although Bachelor’s
degree preferred; and a minimum of three years of directly related experience
- High proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, E‐mail, and Internet.
- An individual should have demonstrated knowledge and experience using computerized
- Aptitude to demonstrate pro‐active initiatives based on conceptual guidance.
- Experience in multi‐tasking and organization skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Profit Sharing
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- And more…
Subway of Alaska is a drug‐free workplace; equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications can be submitted by emailing email@example.com or mailed/drop off in person at 1118
E 70th Ave. Suite 200 Anchorage, AK 99518 or fax to (907) 563 4288
Who are we?
At Subway of Alaska, we own and operate 25 Subway restaurants through Anchorage, Eagle River & Girdwood. Our Vision is to be the premier quick service restaurant group in Anchorage, Eagle River & Girdwood. Our Mission is to consistently deliver world class service, excellent value in a clean and pleasant surroundings to our guest. Out team of professionals behind the scenes are the support staff that keeps our restaurants operating, so our managers and staff have the time to focus on what they love, serving our customers.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic, responsible and skilled individual to provide support to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our Executive Management Team and Restaurant Managers; assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
To be considered for this position please have the following:
- Self-Starter and self motivated
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Superior organizational skills to perform multiple task with some interruptions
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Publisher, E-mail and Internet
- Working knowledge of office equipment; telephones, fax machine, postage meter, and copy machine
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years general business office administration
- Ability to lift 10+ pounds and periodic use of stairs
Administrative Assistant Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answering phones, greeting customers and vendors
- Drafting and creating professional letters, memos, correspondence
- Data entry
- Greeting customers and vendors
- Update and maintain company forms
- Facilitate incoming applications
- Process New Hire University of Subway Log-in
- Update and maintain company forms
- Ordering and maintaining inventory for office supplies, employee uniforms, and restaurant smallwares.
- Review w/management food donations and fundraising request
- Event Coordinating
- Update Monthly Company Calendar
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Job Type: Full Time
Benefit Package: Paid Time Off, Paid Personal Days, Paid Select Holidays, Profit Sharing, Health, Dental & Optical Insurance, Free Lunch
Jump start your restaurant or management career at Subway!! We are an enthusiastic, growth oriented, multi-unit Subway franchisee with 25 restaurants in Anchorage/Eagle River/Girdwood. We provide outstanding training, career advancement opportunities that are fun, exciting, challenging, and rewarding. Competitive benefit package.
Subway is an EOE. Locally Owned and Operated – Working Together To Be The Best
At the world’s largest submarine sandwich franchise, it’s not just about making great sandwiches; it’s about making every customer feel welcome, every time they visit. We are looking for friendly, outgoing, motivated, responsible team players who enjoys working in a fun and fast-paced environment. We are hiring for both day, night and weekend shifts at any Subway located in Anchorage, Eagle River & Girdwood. We offer competitive wages, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid training, flexible schedules, employee rewards program, free meals, Grease Free Environment, Fun Working Environment and advancement opportunities. If you have these skills and would like to be part our team you can apply on-line at www.mysubwaycareer.com or you can pick up an application at anyone of our 25 convenient Subway locations in person. Starting Pay DOE. Subway is an EOE. Locally Owned and Operated.